Pages

5.11.2009

Wedding FAQs


Erica & I
Originally uploaded by One Ping Only
When are you getting married?
Some time between May and October of 2010, give or take.

How many people are you inviting?
Not very many. Start looking for your Golden Tickets.

Why?
We believe in paying for it ourselves. Also, we've each been to big weddings and haven't had too much fun at them. I personally think it's awesome when everyone at a wedding gets to meet some new people and it turns into the kind of party that everyone can enjoy.

Where is it going to be?
Outside. On the beach if at all possible. Somewhere between New Jersey and Rhode Island.

Jeff, how do you feel about weddings in general?
I don't want to have a wedding, but I want to be married. Erica signed up for an account on The Knot, which made me twitch a bit. There are so many people who want to sell you things when you decide to get married. It's kind of distasteful, I think. As soon as it got to the point where there's so much minutia involved in a modern wedding that you need to hire someone to keep track of everything for you, weddings officially jumped the shark.

I'm not that cheap, but I also don't want to get sold a bunch of stuff we don't need. I want everything to be simple, somewhat classy, and fun. The way we are as a couple.

The most important thing is that we're getting married and having a party. That's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment