Pages

7.16.2009

We're back...


Nantucket
Originally uploaded by One Ping Only
...and in about twelve hours, I'll be gone again, this time to rendezvous with my parents and sisters at a cabin in The Middle of Nowhere, Maine. I hear it's lovely up there at this time of year. When I get back on Sunday, I'm assuming that the New England-style jet-setting will be over and I'll be able to relax a little bit and get ready for next Thursday's Kovax show.

Anyway, the trip was awesome, and exactly what we needed. We'd gotten into a kind of cabin-fever funk around here--everything's been unpacked, painted, and repaired, and we just sat around sticking to the couch and wishing we could go somewhere. It turns out that driving less than four hours can yield some pretty amazing results. We had some good food, read a lot, saw a dozen and a half whales, and felt fancy on Nantucket (witness my outfit in the picture, and please, no snickering).

It never ceases to amaze me how great it is to be able to travel from time to time, especially with the ones you love. I'll report more after the Maine adventure...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'd kill to be in Nantucket right now. Love your tunic...my friend got one and it's soooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete