Pages

1.20.2010

thought of the day

In addition to dress shopping madness, we also spent Saturday night reuniting with old friends. There's something special about spending time with people that you've known for what seems like forever, and just being able to jump right back in. As I get older, I'm beginning to realize that people that you once had been really close with may eventually just grow apart. I think it's important to attempt to rekindle these friendships (esp. if they meant a lot to you), but if it doesn't work--it doesn't work and you have to walk away knowing you tried. At this party on Saturday, I spent time with someone that I hadn't seen or talked to in almost 4 years. Will I jump right back in and be this person's best friend again? Who knows? But did it feel good to see someone that I had once been really close with and shared a certain comfortable-ness with? Absolutely. We'll see what happens in the future...but for now, I'm thankful for everything around me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! Love you so much

    Your #1 fan, mom

    ReplyDelete